Fishbowl parties are a fun and engaging way to celebrate any occasion, whether it’s a birthday, anniversary, holiday, or just because. They’re easy to plan and can be customized to fit your budget and interests.
What is a fishbowl party?
A fishbowl party is a type of party where guests are divided into two teams and compete against each other in a variety of games and challenges. The teams are typically seated in a circle, with a large glass bowl in the center. The bowl is filled with slips of paper, each with a different game or challenge written on it.
How to play a fishbowl party
To play a fishbowl party, simply start by dividing your guests into two teams. Then, have one member from each team come to the front of the room and draw a slip of paper from the fishbowl. The first team to complete the game or challenge on their slip of paper wins a point. The team with the most points at the end of the party wins!
Fishbowl party game ideas
There are endless possibilities when it comes to fishbowl party game ideas. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Charades: Write down the names of popular movies, TV shows, books, and songs on slips of paper. Have players act out the words or phrases on their slips of paper for their teammates to guess.
- Pictionary: Write down the names of popular objects, places, and people on slips of paper. Have players draw the words or phrases on their slips of paper for their teammates to guess.
- 20 Questions: Write down the names of popular people, places, and things on slips of paper. Have players take turns asking yes or no questions to try to guess the word or phrase on their slip of paper.
- Trivia: Write down trivia questions on slips of paper. Have players answer the questions on their slips of paper for a chance to win a point for their team.
- Minute to Win It: Write down simple challenges on slips of paper, such as stacking cups, balancing a spoon on your nose, or transferring water from one container to another. Players have one minute to complete the challenge on their slip of paper.
Fishbowl party tips
Here are a few tips for planning a successful fishbowl party:
- Choose games that are appropriate for your guests’ ages and interests. You don’t want to choose games that are too difficult or too easy.
- Have a variety of games to choose from. This will keep the party interesting and engaging for everyone.
- Set a timer for each game. This will help to keep the party moving and prevent anyone from getting bored.
- Keep the games simple. You don’t want to have to spend a lot of time explaining the rules of each game.
- Have prizes for the winning team. This will make the party more competitive and fun for everyone.
Fishbowl party food and drinks
Fishbowl parties are typically casual events, so you don’t need to worry about serving anything fancy. Here are a few ideas for fishbowl party food and drinks:
- Food: Finger foods, such as pizza, chips and dip, and sandwiches, are always a good choice for fishbowl parties. You can also set up a taco bar or nacho bar.
- Drinks: Soda, juice, water, and beer and wine are all popular choices for fishbowl parties. You can also make a signature cocktail or punch.
Fishbowl party decorations
Fishbowl parties are typically decorated in a fun and festive way. You can hang streamers, balloons, and confetti around the party space. You can also set up a photo booth with fun props for your guests to use.
Fishbowl parties are a fun and engaging way to celebrate any occasion. They’re easy to plan and can be customized to fit your budget and interests. So gather your friends and family and get ready for a night of fun and laughter!